What information does The Hamper Shop collect?
We collect personal information and anonymous information. More specifically, we gather the following categories of information:
● The registration information you provide when you create a Hamper Shop account for express checkout of gift hampers. It includes your email address, billing information, contact information, and company information.
● Transaction information you provide when you check out gift hampers. Contact details of the recipient of gift hampers you ordered are also included.
● Information you provide when you send a message or contact us through our live chat.
● The contact information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter and other information relevant to customer offers and/or surveys
● Information about your use of our services, which includes but not limited to your browsing information (such as your IP address and browser type) and data about your computer (such as your operating system and software installed on your computer).
How does The Hamper Shop collect information?
We gather the information you submit when you create an account, check out gift hampers, participate in promos and surveys, and contact our team for inquiries and other concerns.
We also collect information courtesy of technology like cookies. Cookies here are not the yummy baked goodies. These are small files that are kept on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies allow web applications to analyze web traffic and identify the websites you use. It will enable The Hamper Shop to recognize you every time you visit our website and respond to you as an individual. Through cookies, we can keep track of your preferences, the personalization you have done, and tailor your experience with us based on your needs, without requiring you to type a password each time. In short, cookies help us deliver a user-friendly website to you. You can accept or decline cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, please note that choosing to decline cookies may hinder you from taking full advantage of our website.
How does The Hamper Shop use the gathered information?
Your information is processed at our office and warehouse in Lagos Nigeria, and stored in ………….. Third parties such as Google, Zendesk, eWay, and Paypal may process your information on our behalf.
The pieces of information we gather are used to understand your needs and provide you quality service. These are primarily used for internal record keeping and delivery purposes. We may also use the information to send promotional emails about new gift hampers and other products, special offers, and other information that might strike your interest. In some instances, we may also contact you for market research purposes in order to customize our website, products, and services according to your needs and preferences.
Information we gather through cookies is used for statistical analysis only, through platforms such as Google Analytics. In no way do we or can we gain access to your computer files or any personal information, other than the information you provide to us.
With whom does The Hamper Shop share the gathered information?
How does The Hamper Shop secure your information?
We are dedicated to ensuring that all information you provide to us is secured. To protect your information from unapproved access or disclosure, we have placed appropriate managerial, physical, and electronic measures.
How can you control your personal information when shopping for gift hampers with us?
We provide you the ability to restrict us in the collection, use, and sharing of your information. You can do so through the following ways:
● You may edit, update, or delete your registration account with us.
● In filling out forms on our website, you can indicate that you do not want us to share your information with anybody by ticking the box provided for that purpose.
● You may modify your subscription, newsletter, and notification settings anytime.
● Send us an email at …………….. for any access or amendment request to your personal information
● Send us an email at ……….. if you believe any of your personal data we hold is incorrect or incomplete and would like to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted